Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Favourite Easter Buys


Its not too late to find some great cute gifts for Easter. The tin above was purchased at Target for $7.99 and contains 6 milk eggs. I bought it because I have never had any Easter decorations so I will keep this tin, it is already sitting on the mantle.



This tin was also purchased at Target, for $6.99 and contains 6 milk eggs as well.




This Jessica Walker Easter Bunny was purchased at Big W for $3.95, as my mum is watching her weight she does not want a lot of chocolate for Easter, so I bought this 50g as a lovely token gesture.
Chocolate is very expensive this year, it is so hard to select gifts because nothing seems to be very good value, my tip is to look for something that gives you something to keep, gifts with a tin, basket, mug, soft toy etc.











6 comments:

Jace said...

The tins are so lovely. :) That's the idea ... buy something with packaging that we can keep after we've eaten/used the contents. :D

Jace said...

Forgot to add ... you're one of the winners of my "Paying It Forward, Craft Style" giveaway. :) I'll contact you soon for your details.

mandy said...

Morning Starry...Well I have finally shopped for my easter eggs...You are right in saying chocolate is expensive this year...

Starry said...

Hi Jace, oh great news, thanks! Yes I suddenly realized that for the enthusiastic, holiday loving person I am, I had absolutely no Easter decorations! That has been corrected now, and for my friends and family too. I think chocolate has gotten dearer since the whole 'ethical sources' has come in, of course I think it is wonderful to have chocolate and coffee without exploiting cultures but I think they have been a bit sneaky jacking up their prices!

Jace said...

Hey Starry,

I tried to look for your email address but couldn't find it. Could you email your snail mail address to me, where I could mail your "Paying It Forward" gift to? Also, please let me know what your favourite colours are (I know purple is one) and what other things you like to do besides crafting. :)

jacemakes AT yahoo DOT com

Cheryl said...

Drat! Starry left a comment and it disappeared as I probably did not check the word verification.
Love the post and you new 'Easter buys'
Easter Card is beautiful and I so appreciate your friendship dear girl.