Monday, May 4, 2009

Movies for Mother's Day

In recent years our tradition has been for Mum and I to watch movies together in the afternoon on Mother's Day, any classic movie, or new movie that she doesn't get to watch because Dad won't like it.
Here are some of our favourites to watch together:

Classic: Gone With The Wind, Jezebel, I'll Be Seeing You, Holiday, The Philadelphia Story, Now Voyager, South Pacific, The King and I, Mrs Minniver, Goodbye Mr Chips, How Green Was My Valley, and My Fair Lady.

Foreign: For Rosanna, Il Postino, the Three Colours Trilogy (Blue, White, Red, please watch them in that order), Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Kolya, Pavillion of Women.

Everything Else: Steel Magnolias, Hanging Up, Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood, The Joyluck Club, The Notebook, The Lake House, Vanity Fair, Raising Helen, The Banger Sisters, and The Other Boleyn Girl.

TV on DVD we love: Ghost Whisperer, Charmed, Gilmore Girls, ER, Everybody Loves Raymond, Brothers and Sisters, The Tudors, and Ally McBeal.

3 comments:

diane b said...

That a lovely idea to watch a mother's day movie. Has she ever watched "Calendar Girls", that's my favourite and so funny. She'd love it.

Starry said...

We actually haven't seen that one, definitely be a good one for Mother's Day though, thanks for the suggestion.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Great Mother's Day idea. I loved the movies your listed. I have a giveaway going on through Weds. Stop by, leave a comment and get an entry. I love your jewelry too.