Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mother's Day Earrings


Above: Paris Patriot Earrings (also available Paris Butterfly Earrings), in my etsy store. These actually have the three colours of the French flag, the lucite towers are much redder, and the faceted bead is dark blue, with a white glass flower at the top of the arrangement.

Now for what I really wanted to show you, the earrings I made today, for Mother's Day, using new and vintage supplies of faceted czech glass, lampwork beads, and some gold dangles from fellow etsian and blogger Adya International.





These earrings were made much earlier this year also using vintage supplies from AdyaInternational, the large pink flowers are actually buttons and feature a pollen centre designed in the shape of a star.



I am offering free shipping around the world until May 10th, but please note that I recommend orders for Mothers Day be placed before April 25th for international, and May 3rd for Australia.
My favourite suggestions for mother's day this year are pink (I'm making up for all the years I was anti-pink, and I'm a pink ribbon fundraising junkie now!); also hearts; buttons - I think buttons are symbolic of care and attention, of nurturing and renewal - so I like button jewelry; and I am collecting charms for jewelry featuring scissors, thimbles, and other sewing and craft related items, as well as tea pots and tea cups. Of course you should take into consideration all the personal preferences and interests of the individual mother or grandmother in question. I'm also in the market for the perfect apron for my own taste, I have never worn an apron, I think I just want something gorgeous to hang in the kitchen!
See you soon!



2 comments:

Jace said...

The pinks you featured here are so lovely. :) Love all the beads.

Vishruti Dev said...

THIS IS JUST EXCELLENT

YOU ARE A SUPER CREATIVE WOMAN !

I could have never imagined the use of a button done so creatively